Table of Contents
Approximately 2 years back, Business Insider reported that many experts think 2018 would be the edge for telemedicine solutions. We are two years down the lane and there’s no doubt to the fact that we have finally found this tipping point.
As COVID-19 has locked almost every individual across the globe inside their homes, telemedicine may be the only solution for medical consultation. Nearly 5 months back, none of us would have anticipated this growth in telehealth adoption.
Let’s see how telemedicine solutions are helping in this crucial pandemic and what we can do to improve healthcare services.
How Telehealth Can Help in Times of COVID-19 Pandemic?
Whether you have just started using telehealth solutions or you have been using it for a while, below information can help you provide optimum patient care. Let’s explore the benefits of Telehealth solutions. So, what are you waiting for? Dive in and start exploring.
Communication is the key currently. Let’s see how :
A large number of individuals are locked inside and they have no clue what is going on. While some healthcare professionals are trying to deliver the right information related to COVID-19, there’s still a lot of news which is not true. Hence, you can become a trusted source.
If you are not already on your computer trying to talk to your patients about COVID-19, then this is the right time to start. To a lot of your existing patients, you may be a trustworthy source. For this reason, isn’t it necessary to deliver valuable insights when you have the expertise to do so?
However, how could you possibly achieve this?
Utilize the power of Psychographic Segmentation, which can help you segment your existing patients based on their personality, lifestyle, interests, beliefs, values, etc.; rather than demographics.
- Some patients are self-motivators. These self-motivators know how to take care of their health. If you offer them suggestions, they will use it. The effortless group, as we can term them.
- A lot of individuals struggle to prioritize health. Not because they are too busy with work but they keep their family’s health first. The right advice that you can offer to these priority-confused patients is to find a route for self-care and family-care without putting in additional efforts.
- Then, there are decision-makers who may not be very serious about their health. However, they have full faith in their physician. Hence, you already know how to handle this type.
- The last and most difficult type of audience is determined individuals, who will averse from self-care. The physician needs to put a special focus on this group.
It is highly likely for patients to self-diagnose themselves. As soon as they sneeze, they would get on the internet and start thinking that they are experiencing coronavirus systems. Maybe, they have only inhaled dust after switching on the fan.
To avoid haphazard self-diagnoses, stay on top of this situation. Before the patient thinks of bringing their questions to the internet, offer them answers. For this activity, the physician needs to stay prepared and stay one step ahead of their patients.
If a patient uses your telehealth app and tries to find a solution to a health issue, it is your responsibility to follow-up. When in the clinic or at the hospital, the patient generally shows up for the follow-up as mutually decided.
This may not be the case as far as telehealth solutions are considered. It is simple to forget following-up in between all the chaos. So, as a part of your job, doctors can follow-up. However, of course, given the situation, it is difficult for healthcare providers as well. So, prefer a telemedicine solution which offers this in-built functionality of secure and effortless follow-up.
Under normal circumstances, the above tips may be enough for you to adapt to telemedicine solutions. However, this is not a normal situation. With everything going online, you need to maintain patient privacy and also retain the attention of your customers. Let’s see how it can be achieved:
Even when consulting offline, the doctor is entitled to maintain the utmost confidentiality. The conversion between the patient and the doctor should remain private. It is always up to the patient to decide if they are comfortable with visitors and viewers. If not, then you know what is the right course of action.
Before starting the conversion through the telehealth app, it is best to inform the patient about the present audience. Is your support staff with you? Your patient has a right to know and you have an obligation to discuss this beforehand. This will help you keep things confidential.
Follow Web Manners
To avoid making your customer or patient uncomfortable, it is suggested to follow web-manners. When going online on a video chat, sit in a clean and quiet space.
Even when you are working from home, ensure that the nearby area is free from noise and any disturbances. This might make the patient uncomfortable. You stand a chance of losing this customer.
The Solution You Need
AIMDek’s comprehensive telehealth solution, White Label Telehealth Platform, is designed to deliver optimum support to the patient and the doctor. For this reason, the platform is user-friendly, cost-effective, and time-efficient. It helps in improving the outcomes by enhancing revenue through an organized functioning across multiple cross-functional departments.
The platform has two applications, one for the patient and another for the doctor. Here’re some of the features of our solution:
- The patient can request for video calls or e-visits. It is a functionality that offers seamless communication and effective medical consultation.
- The doctor can find and track previous records of a patient.
- The solution can be accessed any time, anywhere, and from any device such as a mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- The solution offers effective appointment scheduling.
- AIMDek’s solution is HIPAA compliant which makes it safe and completely secure for access.
- The payment method is online and there is an array of options for the same.
- The doctor can securely communicate with the patient over the chat portal.
Since we are discussing the remote help related to COVID-19, we have outlined pointers, which help patients and doctors in receiving the same. For additional information, check our website.
Telehealth solutions empower doctors and healthcare providers to offer an optimum medium for healthcare. Something, which is now more important than ever. Hence, the above data will help you understand the importance of telehealth solutions. Get in touch with our team of experts to request a demo of our White Label Telehealth Platform.
Comments are closed.