Table of Contents
Small and medium businesses determine the economic, innovative, and technology-oriented growth of the industry. These businesses experience a unique set of challenges, which helps them evolve, change trends, and find value-based solutions. The situation is not entirely different in the healthcare industry.
During the pandemic, small and medium businesses in the life sciences and healthcare industry experienced disruption. However, virtual care, digital-first services and sales, new healthcare trial methods, and many other remarkable methods to build resilience brought unprecedented growth in the sector.
Therefore, we have deep-dived into reports, analysis, and other factors to know how small and medium healthcare businesses are finding vital options for growth. Explore why Salesforce for healthcare plays a major role in this scenario.
Coping With the Pandemic: Key Insights On Small and Medium Businesses
After deeply analyzing the report, we found these numbers that show SMBs are coping with the changing healthcare landscape.
- More than 73% of small and medium businesses explained how support from government norms improved their survival chances.
- However, the key factor was the use of technology, which is why 32% of SMBs increased their technology spending to increase opportunities.
- Since the pandemic, 88% of SMBs have changed the way they interact and engage with customers.
- With this, 77% of small and medium businesses are willing to offer contactless services and solutions to their customers in the long term.
Finding Vital Options To Improve Outcomes
Similar to every other business, SMBs also aim for growth, better revenue, and higher ROI. However, we know that growth is easy on paper but challenging to implement. We need to meet growing customer expectations, create seamless workflows, and scale technologies.
To meet these demands, we need innovative technology. The key new-age criteria for technology to help are ease of setup, user-friendliness, and simple maintenance. For example, more than 70% of SMBs believe that scalability is essential for their business. They would assess the ease of scalability of a technology before it is used for the company.
Another factor is there’s a visible shift in the need-based analysis of the technology. Only 33% of small and medium businesses wish to use a technology that will cater to their immediate requirements. Contrary to this, 58% of SMBs want to adopt a technology that will help fulfill the long-term requirements of the business.
With that being, it is also necessary to keep in mind that when SMBs spend more on technology, they need optimize spending in another area. This highlights the need to prioritize technology important for small and medium healthcare businesses, which includes CRM systems, financial software, security systems, etc.
We also found that medium businesses in healthcare are 1.5 times more likely to allocate considerable budget to a CRM system than small healthcare businesses.
Retain Customers, Deepening Users’ Trust
Most marketing and sales would affirm that the key to improving your growth is knowing the customer better. Whether it is tracking touchpoints of the lead journey or creating loyalty programs to improve customers’ trust in the brand, SMBs rely on different methods to understand the customer better.
For example, 62% and 53% of SMBs rely on email and spreadsheet conversations respectively to deeply understand the customer.
Almost 95% of small and medium businesses in health track users’ interactions with the brand and 33% utilize a reliable CRM system to achieve the same.
Here, it is interesting to note that growing companies in healthcare, around 38%, are more inclined towards a CRM system. We can also say that as a company grows in size, they are more like to utilize a CRM system to improve customer trust in the brand. This is because 55% of medium organizations use a CRM system when compared to small businesses (only 26%).
Salesforce For Healthcare
- Create an omnichannel approach to offer healthcare, which allows meeting patients’ needs and improving experiences.
- Generate valuable experiences across the entire customer’s journey, right from identification of the lead to engagement and conversion.
- Personalize the journeys of your patients with a 360-degree in-depth view of your customer. This means you can deep dive into the patients’ experience of your brand and modify your call center, support pipeline, and other touchpoints accordingly.
- Salesforce Health Cloud solutions help you create an entirely patient-centric business and make your data and processes work towards customer satisfaction.
- Salesforce for Healthcare brings your front-end employees closer to your customers. This means using valuable data, you are able to build customer relationships, improve engagement, and offer positive outcomes.
How can you use Salesforce for Healthcare for your small or medium business?
Salesforce Health Cloud consulting by AIMDek Technologies can help you implement the right solution for your business. We have helped a multitude of businesses in healthcare achieve better revenue and drive growth with Salesforce.
Since we are Certified Salesforce Partners, we are able to help you adopt the software in the right manner. If you require support, get a free quote now!