Table of Contents
After the pandemic, you may have observed businesses turn into the e-commerce space. This transformation from a physical store to a hybrid e-commerce driven business model is a survival instinct leading businesses towards profitability.
From customers to retailers, everyone is adopting the digital selling model, which has also increased the demand for FMCG retail via B2B e-commerce solutions.
When e-commerce solutions first came into existence, they were popular for electronics, books, clothing, and other supplies. However, given the rise in the market demand, now everything is being sold online, such as groceries, food, spectacles, and other supplies. At the time of the pandemic, supermarkets evolved and industry leaders like Myntra, Amazon, Flipkart, and Bigbasket started selling FMCG products (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods).
Isn’t this the ideal landscape for B2B sellers to expand to e-commerce platforms?
Similar to how FMCG retail depends on wholesale trade, vendor support, or other functions, B2B eCommerce software solutions are also becoming a medium for conducting these activities online. In this article, we will discuss how:
Why We Need A B2B E-Commerce Software For FMCG Retail?
FMCG retail can transform and become better with eCommerce software development, due to a sustainable model and digital support. Let’s explore how:
1. Survival of Stores
The same hassle-free experience received when we are the end-customer is offered by a B2B eCommerce software solution. Just like how we purchase online in a cost-effective, sustainable, and dependable manner, B2B eCommerce solutions help B2B companies or FMCG retail thrive. This helps regional businesses and other vendors to continue the FMCG supply chain via an online channel. It ensures the long-term survival of small and big FMCG retail.
2. Sustainable Business Models
Conventional business models are obsolete and old. We have discovered this at the onset of the pandemic.
However, the customer is smart, and they have already shifted to a more sustainable, comfortable environment, where everything is delivered at your doorstep.
FMCG retail businesses need to adapt to this model to survive. In the following years, more and more FMCG retail businesses and B2B vendors will move to the digital space. Adopting this market right now will only ensure the sustainability of the business in the long term.
This model will offer a high customer experience, quick purchases, and simpler supply chain management. This makes B2B eCommerce solutions sustainable and future-ready.
3. Agri-Tech Support
Agriculture is an important part of FMCG retail. When the pandemic started, FMCG retail related to pulses, rice, and other agro-based products stopped. The conventional trading markets were closed due to government and pandemic-related restrictions.
At this time, B2B eCommerce software helped improve agro-businesses and offered a survival medium. With better-driven B2B eCommerce solutions, FMCG retail gained a competitive edge over the conventional trade market. This also helped create a healthy environment for agro-businesses driven by satisfactory prices.
4. Support To Business Ecosystem
In the next 4 years, the market value of food and grocery will reach USD 1.1 trillion. Now think about it, if just 15 percent of this market is online, then that may retain USD 950 billion value. Isn’t that a huge opportunity to grasp?
Add to this the leap that customer demands have taken. This creates additional challenges for FMCG businesses.
The only thing that eases these challenges and supports the ongoing business ecosystem rightly is B2B eCommerce solutions. They capitalize on the growth and improve user experience along with sustainability.
Benefits of a B2B E-Commerce Software For FMCG Retail
Is it beneficial to use a B2B eCommerce software FMCG retail? Understand how this platform helps you streamline processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Cater to Customer: When you are able to automate orders and payments via a B2B eCommerce software in place of hectic manual processing, you can improve the customer experience.
- Simpler Search Options: On a B2B eCommerce software solution, adding search options filtered via SKU, product name, attributes, description, etc. helps reduce hassle for the customer.
- Meet Customer Expectations: B2B eCommerce solutions help meet user demands on various levels, such as personalized catalogs, simpler payment workflows, and order placements.
- Streamlined Processes: With a high user experience, you can improve negotiation too. The user can request a quote online or quote to cash to quickly communicate and negotiate an appreciable price.
- Customized Processes: B2B sellers can streamline ordering, pricing, shipping, and checkout for FMCG retail businesses. This helps buyers use pre-negotiated orders again without much hassle.
- Integrated Business Excellence: Whether you need to fetch data from CRM, ERP, WHMS, or other sources, this enhances data usability, decreases silos, and increases collaboration speed.
- Online Sales Streamlining: B2B businesses can streamline and automate B2B FMCG retail via an accessible portal that is open 24*7.
- Handle Different Sites: Through one B2B eCommerce solution, it is possible to handle and overlook independent processes, find details at one admin panel, and create customized reports.
- Simplifying a Complex Model: B2B eCommerce software solutions help you take care of customers, partners, and vendors in one place. Hence, simplifying a complex business model.
FMCG retail is not running low on-demand today or anytime in the future. In fact, there’s an increase in demand for affordable FMCG retail. For this, B2B eCommerce platforms can create a thriving sustainable business ecosystem. If you wish to develop an eCommerce solution for your business, reach out to us.
AIMDek Technologies is an eCommerce software development company aiding the transformation needs of many organizations. We have helped various B2B sellers in the domain. Connect with us for a free quote today!